money can’t buy happiness but it can buy a false sense of security and fruity alcoholic beverages to numb the pain and honestly what’s the difference
Women and men should both know how to cook because neither feminism nor sexism are going to do shit for you when you’re hungry.
- the sex industry is dangerous to women!
- I experience these dangers and also depend on my job to support myself, so will you support me in making my working conditions safer?
- the sex industry results in human trafficking!
- actually, sex trafficking statistics are confused with trafficking statistics for domestic labor and often include voluntary sex workers such as migrant workers.
- the sex industry causes rape!
- we're at risk of violence due to stigma surrounding our work that results in an inability to report that basically allows rapists to target us without giving us any recourse.
- we need to shut down the sex industry to protect these women!
- forcing us out of our jobs is just going to force us into poverty though, why don't you listen to us and help us make our work safer?
- false consciousness! handmaidens of the patriarchy!
- I thought you wanted to help us?
- fuck you for selling out women! You deserve what you get! Throwing women under the bus!
- . . .
- I only care about trafficked women!
- criminalization actually makes things worse for us by contributing to stigma, statist violence and limiting our ability to access support through peer-based organizations and other workers
- abolish the sex industry!
- . . .